Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem conecting to the internet

• Please log in to reply

Frasier

Frasier

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hopefully someone can help with this problem.

My internet was working fine until I upgraded Firefox the other day to version 1.5. Now firefox won't load at all. Internet Explorer finds Google (my home page) if I click refresh and I can then do a search but although the results appear I can't then get a link to a chosen page and I get the page cannot display message.

I have done a system restore and also deleted the new version of firefox but with no improvement.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? :tazz:

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hi Frasier! Welcome to Geeks To Go!!!!!1 :tazz:
sorry for the delayed response, your topic got pushed back pretty far, next time just post in the "3day no reply" thread and someone will be with you shortly.

could you go a little bit more indepth with that google issue? i am starting to think it may be malware. who is your isp?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
When you say you "deleted" Firefox, was it through the Control panel and Add/Remove?

You may want to visit the malware forum:
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

But if you're confident that malware is not the issue, in IE I would dump all the temp files, and reboot, then consider a repair of IE
http://www.theelderg...ie_and_oe_6.htm

Johanna

Frasier

Frasier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks to you both Mile Runner and Johanna for taking the time to reply.

As it happens I mentioned the problem to a friend who told me that the problem was likely to be with the internet connection. The icon in the toolbar indicated that I was connected and when Google loaded I thought this confirmed that I was. He told me however that Google was "loading from cache". As a novice I didn't know it could do that but when I rebooted the wireless router as he suggested everything was working ok.

Hopefully it will stay that way!

Thanks again for the replies. :tazz:

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
you are welcome, this is what johanna and i love to do, if you ever have any other question please post them we whould love to help, if you have any other problems with the same issue above, please post them in this tread so we dont get confused.

we are glad we could help,

mile runner