Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD dual core?

• Please log in to reply

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
i have a amd 3800 dual core and was wondering if there was any specail software updates that it can take advantage of or any games that need updates. or any special games just for dual core

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Far cry and CoD2 as far as i knpow both have dual/64 update available. You need to have the 64 bit version of windows to use the second core and 64 bit fully. Google is the best way to find out about software with patches for dual core as im sure between us we have all seen at least one thing but you probably wouldnt have most of it.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
If you buy the game king kong it already has the option for dual core support with the game without any patches so in reality its the first game that the dual core support was added officially.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont you have to buy a special version of king kong? Valve are adding dual core support for the source based games soon as far as i know but dont know when (they just released 64bit upgrade for HL2 and CS:S so i dont know how long its gonna take).

Quake 4 has a dual core patch available as well.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
thanks u guys rock

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Dont you have to buy a special version of king kong? Valve are adding dual core support for the source based games soon as far as i know but dont know when (they just released 64bit upgrade for HL2 and CS:S so i dont know how long its gonna take).

Quake 4 has a dual core patch available as well.

No, the dual core support comes with the regular classic version of peter jacksons king kong and the high resolution version also. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Hmm never noticed it, mind you i dont get the time to rake around games sites and shops as i used to, i cant believe i just spent a whole night doing my maths homework :tazz: and only getting a half question done i could cry( i hate hyperbolic functions and power series, and now ive ran out of time and its due in tommorow) ah well wo is me at least i know i rock and cna safely ramble a bit without to advesly affecting my street cred.

:) is what i need now, tommorow i will go to the union for lunch and get :) to drown my mathematical sorrows.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
does fear have a dual core update

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dunno google for it.