Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help NOW PLS

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
um now my computer is going completely out of wack...the entire front screen /desktop if what you want to call it and the bottom bar with the start button no longer have any effect...my only way of doing anything is through ctrl+alt+delete and starting up a new task, buit only 1 task as available because i cant Browse...i would like a FULL SYSTEM(REFORMAT) restart where i have to reinstall all my junk...but i would also like to save it, i tryed entering safe mode but it doesnt work, it puts me out of safe mode instead :tazz:

so this is what i need=

i need you to tell me how to do a Reformat, if theres a disc please describe what it should look like or what it should say....

i would also like you to list steps on how to do this since this will be my first time ever doing something like this.

i would also like for you to tell me(with the conditiions im in..that i can only access things through windows task manager) how i could save the things like images, essays and reports...ect ect...i would like to have the list and the information by tonight so that i could start doing this tomorrow(since i will be having half-days of school)

i also need to know if when i do this reformat, will=

internet explorer already be on the computer...
if i have to install any drivers...if those drivers are on a disc, please describe the disc
will all of the free stuff that i got when starting this computer be back up?

this will be the first website i will go to...please give me websites where i can redownload my

Mccafe(i know it starts with mc) virusscan and ect, that is my default virus protecter...if it shouldve come as a disc please tell me...

Thank you for your time and effort, please respond ASAP

Edited by 123333, 17 January 2006 - 07:58 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
this occured when you loaded that audiodriver?!?

Or before?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
i dunno i turned off computer..went to best buy to get my bro a bday gift and came back turned it on and now i cant do anything...so now im stuck..it wasnt this bad at first i got into the computer and was able to use the stuff for like 10 minutes, my antivirus was down, the virus dictionary thingy went down to a 1.0 out of 10...so i brought it back up in safe mode, instead the safemode didnt work and brought it up into normal mode andnow i dont see any of the buttons all i see is my background...so...im stuck

im bringing my internet explorer up as that 1 task i can use :-/

i dont believe i can do file>open on this either because i tried it before and it starts ''not responding'' so i had to do ctrl+alt+del again and re-bring up my internet explorer

i dont really feel like reformatting but if its what im going to haveto dothen thats what ill do

Edited by 123333, 17 January 2006 - 08:24 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
do you have a windows xp disk...a real one?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
yes but i dont knwo where it is

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
so can anyone tell me the info im asking for???

i need you to tell me how to do a Reformat, if theres a disc please describe what it should look like or what it should say....

i would also like you to list steps on how to do this since this will be my first time ever doing something like this.

i would also like for you to tell me(with the conditiions im in..that i can only access things through windows task manager) how i could save the things like images, essays and reports...ect ect...i would like to have the list and the information by tonight so that i could start doing this tomorrow(since i will be having half-days of school)

i also need to know if when i do this reformat, will=

internet explorer already be on the computer...
if i have to install any drivers...if those drivers are on a disc, please describe the disc
will all of the free stuff that i got when starting this computer be back up?

this will be the first website i will go to...please give me websites where i can redownload my

Mccafe(i know it starts with mc) virusscan and ect, that is my default virus protecter...if it shouldve come as a disc please tell me...

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
ok, im bringing my computer into best buy tommorow to have it looked at because of the computer freezing up, im now limited to safemode....also

what is the difference between a system restore and a system recovery???

Football Geek

Football Geek

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
If you don't have a disk,
you're in trouble!!