Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freeze on boot up

• Please log in to reply

operation ivy

operation ivy

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
hey everyone

ok i just recently bought a new computer. everything has worked fine until today. i went to turn it on and i heard a long beep which is normal except usually following the beep you would hear the hard drive working and another beep but this time only the one beep happened, and at the very first black screen it says processor type AMD athlong 3500+ and freezes up. no sequence of buttons not even crtl alt del works to unfreeze it. this really sucks because its a new computer and i really really really do not want to go throught the sending it back and getting it fixed or my money back. its a great computer until now haha. when it was working, at the black first screen a RAM count usually came up and thats all i had time to read as it switches fairly fast. the weird thing is this happened once before but i just rebooted and it worked, this is not the case anymore.

any help as soon as possible would be appreciated.

thanks

SYSTEM SPECS:
CPU AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 64Bit 2.2GHz Socket 939
Motherboard MSI K8N SLI-F Socket 939 nVidia nForce4 SLI Chipset
Video Card BFG GeForce 6600GT OC 128MB PCI-Express x 2 (SLI)
Memory Kingmax 1GB DDR400 Dual Channel Kit (512MBx2)
Optical Drive 16X DVD+/-RW (Black)
Hard Drive Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM w/16MB Cache
Audio 8-Channel Audio Onboard
Network 10/100/1000 LAN Onboard
Case AOpen QF50D (Black) Mid Tower Case w/ 350 Watt Power Supply
Warranty 1 Year In-Store Parts and Labour

Edited by operation ivy, 18 January 2006 - 09:51 PM.

Advertisements

operation ivy

operation ivy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
who knew having a USB device plugged in would cause that??

lol thread closed thanks anyway