Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new Mag Innovision monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

redleaf

redleaf

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My new (6 months old) Mag Innovision 19" flat screen display monitor started flickering back and forth from normal colors to a strong yellowish tint. It finally settled on yellow a day later. I downloaded some color correction software, but it's not fixing the problem. The only thing I could learn about this by searching the net is that it may be a manufacturer's defect. I'm trying to reach the manufacturer. Has anyone ever had an experience like this before?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Contacting the manufacturer seems like the best approach. Their contact information should be available in the documentation that came with the monitor. 6 months old it should be under warranty.

redleaf

redleaf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you for the welcome.

I had a brave moment and opened my minitower. Dusted it and checked all the connections. Disconnected and reconnected the monitor making sure everything was screwed on tight, and voila! It's back to normal. Now I know that having a loose connx to the monitor can lead to strange colorcasting problems.