Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

spetsnatz

spetsnatz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Good day Gents. Wherever you guys are, its 1640hrs here in Manila, Philippines. I'd really appreciate the help...

My home PC is an orignal Siemens (made in Malysia), Pentium II 236 or thereabouts, Windows ME. Bought from an office upgrading its units round 5 years ago. Last year's software/hardware additions include GL CD burner, Nero, cardreader (driver), canon camera view, Palm M130 desktop (I know I need to get a newer model) and...er...StarWars Glatic Battlegrounds ;) . Available harddrive disk space left is round 789MB, hehehehe... :tazz:

Thursday night, I get home, ready to continue work when zap! It starts in safe mode, without prompting, and without the mouse working; I assume its safe mode cause all the icons are larger than my original/normal settings, wallpaper is bland, etc. I try switching the unit on and off (I know, but I was desperate. Still am.). When I finally get the safe mode prompt, I try the safe mode, and presto, its in safe mode again, altho the mouse is working. I go for the System Restore program, choose a date well before Thursday, and in the middle of restoring, the unit blacks out, restarts, shows the Systems restore program again, and prompts that it cannot restore my system to the date specified.

I haven't logged in the net using said pc (at home) for a while, cheaper to log in at work (like now), hehehe.

Would truly appreciate any help guys...

Spasiba.

Advertisements

bill12690

bill12690

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[FONT=Arial]the same exact thing happened to my computer. i also have windows ME. have you found out anything to fix this problem? if so, please let me know because this is a nightmare