Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Win XP hangs at the black IBM startup screen....

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A couple days ago I downloaded the Google Desktop Search tool and since then my computer is having problems loading. Now it could be per coincidence, I'm just not sure.

When turning on my IBM pc, it'll hang for approx 10 minutes at the black IBM startup screen (ie: the screen where you have the option to select F1, F11 etc for Safe Mode etc, etc). Like I said after approx 10 mins it'll finally start up XP and finally load up completely.

I did uninstall the Google desktop tool, but it didn't help correct this problem...

Any suggestions. I welcome all!