Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't see my WORKGROUPS..

• Please log in to reply

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
i can't see my workgroups they were working a few days ago but not anymore, any ideas :)

cheers dan :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
could you describe your network setup in more detail?

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
sorry about late reply.

pc usb wireless adaptor to wireless adsl router to wireless laptop.

router is belkin wireless g 54mps

NB: i can see the workgroup from the laptop

Cheers Dan :tazz:

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
could someone please help cos it is a real pain in the bum :tazz:

thanks

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi Dan,
Well, what did you do in the days between the workgroups working, and the workgroups not working? Did you install any firewalls, ect..? Can you try restarting your computers into Safe Mode with Networking, and then seeing if you can share files / see your workgroups?

How many computers are on your Network? Can you ping all of the computers by name and IP? What happens when you goto Start, Run, and then type: \\Computer -- replace Computer with the name of one of the other computers on your network, or alternately, you can type in their IP addresses -- to find out their IP's, goto Start, Run, type CMD, press OK, then type ipconfig (you should do this on the other computer...). This would make the command something like: \\192.168.0.103

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i don't know the other computer is my sisters because we use it to share music and she isn't the most computer litterate so anything could have happened.