Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Counter-Strike CZ Problem!

• Please log in to reply

LT.JG_Pliskin

LT.JG_Pliskin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello everybody. I just came accross this site while searching for a solution to my urgent problem. I play counter-strike condition zero and when I play, my game studders every 2 seconds. I know its not lag because my ping can be as low as 5 and it does the same thing, and I increased my virtual memory to 7000, (I was told by another player that might help), and it didn't. I have I high speed cable connection to the internet. Any info on why this happens would be very helpful. Here are my PC specs. This happens on most FPS games I play, actually ALL FPS games.

Windows XP Home
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 3D NOW 2 CPUs Processor
Direct X 9.0 C
2048 MB RAM
ATI Radeon X800 Series Video Card

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if it happens on all games then either its a software or hw issue. it could either be the power supply or graphics card would be my guess.

lets start by downloading the latest drivers from ati.com and see if they help;

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try disabling one of the cores on your CPU in task manager, you can google for the info on how if you are unsure lots of sites cover it, most games havent been made dual core compatible its only the newer games that are starting to use it as its such a new technology.