Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Many Errors And Problems

• Please log in to reply

Elite[sS]

Elite[sS]

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Here is a list of problems I seem to have...

1. Printer doesn't work.
2. CD burner doesn't work.
3. Speakers (sound) doesn't work.
4. iPod connector cable (USB) isnt reconized in USB port.
5. Delayed reactions.
6. Laggy mouse on multiple PC games.
7. Add hardware program doesn't work.
8. Windows XP theme is gone, even in appearance (looks like windows 98).
9. Caps lock activates without caps lock button pressed or sticky keys activated.
10. Microsoft Windows XP firewall doesn't work.

I know there are a lot of problems wrong with my computer, but I've scanned multiple times for viruses and spyware with these programs...

- Ad-Aware SE Personal
- Zone Labs Security
- CounterSpy

I have deleted the spyware/viruses found by all three of these programs, but nothing seems to fix these problems I have (above). I also know that all my problems seemed to start on October 24th, 2005, but somehow all the previous system restore dates were erased before that day. I've also tried installing Luna and replacing the entire resources folder with the new resources folder, but still...nothing changed. There used to be a dangerous virus named Bobex32.exe, which I used to have in my systems registry but is no longer there, but the effects from it still seem to be working.

Here is the HiJackThis scan log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:54:19 PM, on 1/19/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\aspnet_admin.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Bob Cuccaro\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: Usage Information:
O1 - Hosts: Save Changes - Save any changes you make to hosts file
O1 - Hosts: Reset Default - Will Replace any existing Hosts with a Windows Default one, original file doesn't have to exist
O1 - Hosts: Save Log - Will Save the Hosts as a Text file, Good for Posting
O1 - Hosts: _________________________________________________________________
O1 - Hosts: Enable and Disable - Will Swap Hosts Files On the Fly for those that want to use Hosts, and Temporarily Disable it.
O1 - Hosts: Scan for Hosts - Will Search your Windows Drive for Hosts Files, useful if Hosts is in wrong location or installed to Alternate location by Trojan.
O1 - Hosts: Delete - Does exactly that, Delete and Hosts File Selected in the Listbox.
O1 - Hosts: By Option^Explicit, [email protected]
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [streadshot] C:\WINDOWS\bobex32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [*streadshot] C:\WINDOWS\bobex32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [streadshot] C:\WINDOWS\bobex32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [*streadshot] C:\WINDOWS\bobex32.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: CA ISafe (CAISafe) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it,

Thanks!
~Elite

Advertisements

Elite[sS]

Elite[sS]

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
My computer also frequently freezes and I have to shutdown by holding the power button in.