Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Outlook Creating Message files in C:\

• Please log in to reply

jooboos

jooboos

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi
I have a Laptop running WinXP Pro SP2 all patched. I also have Office Pro 2003 SP2 installed. The problem I am having is the although everything is working as expected, I recennoticed that messages that I receive in Outlook, seem to create a file in the root of the c: drive. These files can be deleted when Outlook is closed and there is no loss of any data from with in the Outlook inbox?(see screen capture) I have searched my system and checked it for spyware, virus or other nasty software, but it is clean. Any ideas what might cause this to happen?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Advertisements

madlea

madlea

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I am getting the same problem everytime I do a send and receive in Outlook these files appear in the C drive and are locked until I close Outlook. I have tried turning off Symantec Spam filtering and Email Virus scanner but the files still appear. On opening them they show the email details including Message source headers etc the file size also corresponse with the size of the actual email received including attachment.

Can anyone help us stop these files, I'm running Outlook 2002 on Windows Xp

Thanks
Madlea
:tazz: :)