Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Logo Testing Problem

• Please log in to reply

tricoven

tricoven

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I am very much aware that this problem is rampant to a lot of people. Some of those can't even install directx and internet explorer because of this sh*tty error. Anyway, there was a procedure to go around this, by setting th Driver Signing options to Ignore and Default and the crypt services to automatic.

The problem was my freaking Spybot SD client asked permission to change the registry, the problem was I was too much confused because there were no buttons to confirm whether to cancel or allow the certain alert. Then I accidentally clicked the "Remember this Setting" so now, that alert box is not coming out anymore and now I am stuck with a Windows media player installer that doesn't work. Crap.

Does anyone know any other ways to troubleshoot and go around this freaking problem? Or maybe someone can help me UNDO the SD Client settings so that the dialog alert will go back popping again. Any options would really be helpful, just dont let me reinstall XP.

Also, I tried it in the CMD prompt to start and stop cryptsvc and that command ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 oldcatroot2 something command and all I got was Access Denied. Also, I tried sfc /purgecache and sfc /scannow and it doesn't help much either.

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Uninstall Spybot and hope it takes the settings with it, then re-install it