Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spamkiller problem

• Please log in to reply

weeman

weeman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:

in work we have spamkiller and had to add banned content.this is putting some legitamite mail into quarintane. when we release it to the end users mail they get the email message saying about it being quarintaned etc and then when you click view nothing happens.anyone else encounter this problem?does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in anticipation

WM

sorry about spelling

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
first, does your "work" have it's own tech support or IS department?
second since you're talking about a "work" computer...i assume that you guys have payed for a subscription for this product...which comes with support from mcaffee....have you tried calling mcaffee?

weeman

weeman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
im part of the IT dept.on a year work placement and cant figure it out.and yes we have got in touch with mcafee and they bout as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
its not one of the better antispam products. is there any updates available for the product? what kind of filtering are they using? Keywords for example? banaysian?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
We had the same problem here at work, this is what we decided to do.

Instead of having my spam catcher (SPAMcop) delete all the emails marked as SPAM, it just adds *SPAM* to the beginning of any emails marked as SPAM. Then I created a rule to send all emails marked as SPAM to a SPAM folder in each users account. That way the emails dont get deleted, but get tucked away.

When I have a user who gets a valid email in their SPAM box, they forward that email to me and I add it to the whitelist. It is a lot less work than trying to get an all-inclusive email spam filter to only delete the bad ones.

ScHwErV :tazz: