Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Options Security Question

• Please log in to reply

Sophia_rose

Sophia_rose

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello all you wonderfully intelligent people! :)
This is my first post, but I have a feeling you will be seeing my name a lot. :tazz:
My first question(s) is regarding "restricted sites" in the "security" tab of the "internet options" (of "tools").
Can addresses automatically end up in the "restricted sites" list, or do they each have to be manually added?
Also, if a website is listed in there, does that mean that site is blocked, or does it mean that it is blocked from a person's history?
If it isn't blocked, what is the purpose of the "restricted sites" list?
My list is empty, but my husband's list is full of very inappropriate sounding sites. I once cleared it on his computer just to see what would happen. Much later (because I forgot), I found it full of sites again (I don't know if the same ones reappeared - maybe when the computer was restarted -, or if they are new sites).
Any help you could give me would be so greatly appreciated!
Peace,
me :)

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Your husband might have a different security setting than what your's is set at. Mine is filled with inappropriate sites also. I have never viewed them or added them.

However, you can add them. Those are the sites that cannot be viewed.

Here is a tutorial tht explains everything. Hope it helps. :tazz:

http://www.microsoft...y/settings.mspx

Sophia_rose

Sophia_rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thank you, CoachWife6! That did help!

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff