Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SYSTEM RESTORE

• Please log in to reply

RoadSongs

RoadSongs

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi there

When I click on my system restore button a window appears blu is blank nothing on it ....where the calendar should be to use a system restore any help please

Steve :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
A likely cause is corruption of the restore database, or even the system thinking SR is off when it's not. Only cure I know off is to disable SR then re-enable it. This will of course destroy all existing restore-points (assuming there were any but you just couldn't get at them! ) But at least it should be working properly again. Create a manual restore point when you turn it back on, then check to see if it's shown on the calendar. You don't have to commit yourself to actually running it --- just check it's been recorded.