Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No New Programs Open

• Please log in to reply

mrsleep

mrsleep

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I've been posting all over about this problem can't quite seem to find a fix. I read this post: http://www.geekstogo...-xp-t92971.html and I also have NIS and my computer won't retart so I'm uninstalling NIS currently to see if this will help. But my problem is different in a way I believe. It all started with an iTunes update, I updated to some new version 6.xx something and after that iTunes refused to open. I did some research and found out that it was likely due to Quicktime, so I just uninstalled both Quicktime and iTunes because I didn't want to bother trying to go through the fix for it. After that AIM stopped working, it's in the tray icon but I can't double click to open, I can't cntrl + alt + del to close it and remove it from the icon either, it just stays there no matter what. Also I recently got Dreamweaver which doesn't work either, I go to open it, the hourglass pops up for a split second, and then nothing. It never opens. I posted a hijackthis log but was told it wasn't a malware problem and to post in this forum, so I'm doing that. If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Advertisements

mrsleep

mrsleep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ahhh nevermind turns out it was NIS! Everything works perfectly! Thanks a ton.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
What did you replace NIS with? What makes you sure that was the problem? I have never heard of a painless uninstall of any Norton product. Is everything working like it should now?

Johanna