Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIM Password & Link issue

• Please log in to reply

Peelymonster

Peelymonster

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
My son can open AIM with his id and existing password. He needs to change the password. When we click on the change password option, it freezes up completely. It shows the hour glass, but nothing ever happens. I have to use CTRL-ALT-DEL and END PROGRAM in order to get out. Originally it was giving an error message for a few days, but not now. The same thing happens when I click on a link in someone's profile.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

My daughter's AIM is working fine on the same computer.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
could be a corrupt profile. with the administrator logged in on the pc go in to "documents and settings" and look for your son's id. rename his profile to something like son.old. log out and have him log in again. this will create a new profile. he should be able to setup his aim again without any problems. If this works then all you would need to do is copy his favorites and desktop folders from his old profile to his new profile. You will also have to setup his email again.

Peelymonster

Peelymonster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for getting back to me and I apologize for not responding sooner. We have the whole family under one profile, so would the suggestion you've made still apply?