Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant remove program from list add/remove

• Please log in to reply

Prominia

Prominia

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
First of all I am not sure if this would go under this forum. I got rid of the program Wintask trial, but I am unable to remove it from the add/remove program lists. Every time I press the unistall I get an error message saying "Error 1721. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not run. Contact your support personell or package vendor." If there is a way to get the program off the list please help me.

Thank you

Advertisements

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hi,
You may want to try and reinstall it and then remove it again. Or install a program like AddRemove 4Good and it will alow just like the tool in XP to remove programs BUT also alow for you to remove the entry in the list you are talking about. HOpe it works out.

Hazclan13
www.hazclan13.com

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You can remove items from the Add/remove list without any extra software required. Just delete the entry from the list in the Registry by using the Registry Editor (regedit.exe). The items are listed here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I could not find the program under the regeistry edit, but addremove 4good worked well.

Thanks for the help :tazz:

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hey no problems just glad to help. The other regedit way dose work aswell i tested it on my pc. :tazz:

Prominia

Prominia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I could not find it in the regedit, because it was already uninstalled, but it kept on showing up on the add/remove program list