Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explorer+audio adapter malware problem

• Please log in to reply

kebabboy

kebabboy

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Ok a couple of weeks ago my pc restarted without warning and when the session restarted it displayed a warning message that an important security update had been installed. And since then i can't load specific pages with my internet explorer browser like hotmail or gmail for example.. This also occurs when i want to upload stuff to webpages like mypixmania for example.
I've tried uninstalling IE but it doesn't work.
I've tried downloading an other version but i'm told that the one i have is the latest.
And since this week-end I can't open a simple jpeg file while browsing my files, I have to use a specific program to be able to see my pictures, and my audio adapter has been disabled for no apparent reason. I've re-installed the drivers and everything is okay on the device manager (no yellow exclamation mark) but the computer wont't set my sound card as the audio adapter so now i have no sound either..

I've run virus scans with AVG and Norton in safe mode and tunred up with nothing, I've run a scan with Ewido in safe mode but nothing turned up either.

Here is a Hijack this log taken 2 mins ago:

your log has been analyzed, ruled as clean, and has been edited out for clarity of this post

I have no idea what could be causing this...

So if anybody has any ideas of how I could get things to work please tell me cause this is really frustrating i feel like throwing my pc out the window.. well maybe not but still..

Thx in advance...

Edited by dsenette, 30 January 2006 - 11:27 AM.

Advertisements