Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Publisher 2003

• Please log in to reply

rossana

rossana

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm in dire need of help. My company used to use PageMaker to create booklets on a 5.5x 8.5 page (basically a regular letter size page folded in half, top to bottom). We have now switched to using Publisher 2003 and while we all firmly believed that this would be so much easier to do, I have yet to figure out how.
This is what I need to do:
Take an existing Word doc and import it into a Publisher doc that will print on 5.5x 8.5 inch paper. I also want it to be able print like it is on a 5.5 x 8.5 page even when it's on regular letter sized paper. (PageMaker did this)
Sounds simple, but IT'S NOT!
I've tried opening 'New Publication', then choosing 'Blank Publication' then going to page set up and choosing the dimensions 5.5x 8.5, and then importing the word doc. The document just imports and turns into a regualr 8.5x 11 document.
Please help! I would hate to go back to PageMaker after my company spent the time and $ to set up Publisher.
Thanks!
Rossana

Edited by rossana, 23 January 2006 - 01:41 PM.

Advertisements