Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

WinXp Event Log Help

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Been having a recurring problem for about a month and can't figure it out. When WinXP starts and gets to my desktop all of my icons will show up and the hour glass just freezes. I sometimes have to restart windows 2 or 3 times for it to work. By restart I mean I actually have to hit the reset button to get it to reboot.

I viewed my Event Log and found a couple of recurring problems in the System Log that I don't know if they are related or not:

Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 1/23/2006
Time: 7:27:00 PM
User: N/A
Computer: KITCHEN
The C service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 23
Date: 1/23/2006
Time: 7:26:57 PM
Computer: KITCHEN
Printer Broderbund PDF Converter 2.10d failed to initialize because a suitable Amyuni Document Converter 2.10 driver could not be found.

Can some one help me? As to the second event source I don't have anything installed that would be associated with Broderbund PDF Converter.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the second is something like Print Shop, perhaps?

The first...C Service I think that method three in teh following article pertains to you