Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Server does not show large USB drives

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

adamsyarajr

adamsyarajr

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Good Morning Guys,

I posted my problem yesterday and had two responses from this Forum members. They asked questions that I replied but when I log on this morning I did not see my posting and the responses. I thought it is wise to post the problem again. My problem is this:
My firm has just acquired a Dell PowerEdge 6800 that we are configuring as a backup server. The server is running Windows 2003 Server. Our problem is that the server does not show the drives for large USBs External hard drives. We connected an 80GB FireLite and a 40GB LaCie USBs but none of them shows when you open My Computer. As soon as we connect these External drives, the computer shows that "New Hardware Found" and then "Installing Hardware" and then "Hardware is ready for use" but if you open My Computer you will not see the drives for these USBs. We tried starting the server with the USBs connected but it did not work. We tried connecting these USBs to two different servers,
one running Windows 2000 and the other Windows 2003 and they all worked. Please can anyone help us. Thanks so much. Adams.

Edited by adamsyarajr, 24 January 2006 - 03:59 AM.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
http://www.geekstogo...=0

See the above link. Three of your topics were closed. Please only post your topic one time.

I am now closing this one also. Please refer to the above link.