Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dead iPod mini, must get new... how to get iTunes->new iPod

• Please log in to reply

kktoot

kktoot

• Pip
  • 6 posts
OOOk so Iīm in Spain for 4 months minus my computer (with my iTunes on it) and my iPod mini shits the bed-- the internal battery died just like everybody elseīs. I know that I could send them my iPod to fix but since I dont have my comp they will not be able to preserve my files (and it would be completely useless to have a blank iPod), plus I donīt want to spend $70 for a blank iPod. I have come to peace with the fact that I will have to buy a much more expensive Nano when I get home in order to have the same capabilities as the mini had. I have one slight problem. I need to get my iTunes music to my new iPod when I get back- I know apple is smart because this is impossible without a little help from an external program. I used PodUtil this summer when my hard drive was redone to get my songs from my iPod to my computer, so is there a way to do the reverse to a new iPod not "connected" with the iTunes??? Let me know- I have no problem [bleep]ing over Apple by using one of these programs, after all, my mini did die after a day over 7 months. Thanks for all your help, nerds!

Advertisements