Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1 cd solution for computer support?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

torahtrance

torahtrance

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey everyone! :tazz:

I am in a college program over here and I have no time for working in a store or whatever. Plenty of experience, but I need to make sure I minimize time for each customer.

I plan on dealing mostly with people who have run-of-the-mill PC's with the various bugs and problems.

I can fix all problems with enough time, but the main thing is finding a CD or system to cut down the time it takes to install/fix all the problems that come up.

Does anyone here know what I mean, and/or have experience in dealing with this to give me some tips? I don't want to charge $50 to come fix some problems, and end up staying there 3 hours cause I have to download avast and doing several virus scans and reboots and reloads etc etc etc....

I was hoping there is a CD for technical support type people to just pop in and use with all the diagnostic tools needed for most basic problems... Otherwise I don't think in 1 6 hour working day I can make enough money, having to spend too much time with 1 client.

I look forward to hearing some wise geeky responses :)

Advertisements

torahtrance

torahtrance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I also posted something similar in the windows XP forum...

Basically i'm getting into computer related support locally here to make some money to get me through school. The problem is charging each customer a certain amount ends up meaning I only make money if I don't take long fixing each problem. This is not a problem if I know I have all the tools handy.

Any recommendations? Is there some type of package like this available for 'tekkies'??

thanks for the help

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
There is no such CD.

You also have to know that you are breaking copywright laws? Burning the programs to CD is not, but by being paid to install them, you are making money off someone elses work and they are not being compensated for it.

Also, even if there were such a CD, you have to know that it would be out of date by the time you got it. Infections change daily, so do the programs that fight them.

Because of the copywright issue, I am going to close this thread, I recommend you consider doing something different.

ScHwErV :tazz:

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
And it was closed in the XP forum.

Do not start multiple threads about the same topic.

torahtrance

torahtrance

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Why is ScHwErV closing down my threads? I ask something that has nothing to do with warez and It gets closed down? And asking in 2 forums something similar is not the same post. Each forum is made for a different reason and a different group of people could be found there.

I am looking for a variety of resources to help me get this small business running. Why are you ScHwErV, stopping me without even giving a chance for explanations?

I hate getting in this type of stupidity argument but I seriously was looking for some quality posts to help me narrow down options to get this business up and running and here you go saying "WAREZ! CLOSED! I think you should do something else"

Thanks how about letting other people who have similar experience share what they do to fix a lot of peoples computers in a short amount of time.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
The reason was explained to you here

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=94125

Calling out an Admin here will not help your cause. Your thread was closed because you asked how to do something that we will not help you with.

Your second thread is closed because we do not allow multiple threads about the same topic, it dirties up the forum and makes it difficult for someone to find information.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
PS, no one but you ever said anything about "warez" I talked about copywright infringement.