Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What causes a pc not to turn on at all

• Please log in to reply

Chacooe

Chacooe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I have a Compaq Presario. I have never had any problems with it until now. I pushed the button to turn it on and nothing happened. The light did not come on and the computer did not boot up. I checked the cable to see if they were lose and they were fine, so then I unplugged the computer and waited about 5 minutes and tried turning it back on and again nothing. What can be causing this? Any information would be greatly appreciated. It just seemed like one day it was working fine and then the next day nothing. Even the
monitor did not automatically come on.

Should I be now thinking of buying a new computer, I hope not, because I love the one I have.

Thank You
Chacooe
[email protected]

Advertisements

wm_hunter

wm_hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Hardware problem for sure I would say.

Try:

Replacing power cable
Double check connections

If not, it might be battery\power supply problem, the power button might be acting up, or the power board\inverter might be shot.

After trying everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING), it could be your motherboard :tazz:

Edited by wm_hunter, 25 January 2006 - 12:00 AM.

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
If the monitor does not turn on then try a to plug it in a different plug from another room or something.

Chacooe

Chacooe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did that, I have tried everything.