Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot connect to the internet!help!

• Please log in to reply

zed_avery

zed_avery

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi. i cannot connect to the internet. i'm using a wireless router. please :tazz: me

Advertisements

dinofh1

dinofh1

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
What Kind of router ? are all your hardware pcs enabled and drivers set up corrrectly, all the cables in place, have you been on the internet with this set up before or is this a new set up?

zed_avery

zed_avery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
been with the same set up before. i just added a password (for the wireless) and then that was when i encountered this problem--the connection lasts only for around half an hour then disconnects and i cannot repair it or whatever. i usually turns off the computer to reboot and reconnect.

dinofh1

dinofh1

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
there is a forum for wireless hardware/software, you might want to pm a mod to see if they can move this post there. At worst go read some of the existing posts and seeif you cant get a grip on the problem, This site is real good someone will have a fix for you.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please give details, including hardware makes and models

What happens if you disable the password in the router?

Does your card come with a wireless utility? If so, did you disable Wireless zero configuration service?

start > run
services.msc
<enter>

scroll down, double click.
hit stop
set startup type to DISABLED

reboot

zed_avery

zed_avery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
thanks! i solved the problem already...my computer prioritizes a different wireless network (instead of my own wireless network; i think it's my neighbour's) in connecting to the internet and that's when i get the problem.