Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen At Start-Up

• Please log in to reply

bloodsworld

bloodsworld

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
im on my laptop but on my HOME PC when i start it, it starts up fine but then after i log in and wait for a minute it switches over to a blue screen and it reads:

PROBLEM DETECTED, WINDOWS SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE
CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ADIQUETTE DISK SPACE

then at the bottom it says STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0000003, 0x8054B207, 0xED0A882, 0x00000000)
then it says PHYSICHAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE

what is the problem? do i have a virus? do i need new memory? and my disk space isnt even full. any help will be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 until you get options, choose safe mode to see if it loads

bloodsworld

bloodsworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
ok it loaded up and im in safe mode...what do i do next??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r (with the spaces) then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot

This will take an hour at least, you may get progress shown on the monitor or it will stay blank, do not disturb this until it gets to the desktop

bloodsworld

bloodsworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
ok its doing it, so what exactly is this doing? and when its done what do i do next?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is checking the drive for errors and fixing them, hopefully it will load to the desktop normally, if not post back

bloodsworld

bloodsworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
alright ill let u know, thanks for the quick responses. do u think that u can check my laptop while ur at it, its been actin really slow, i can post a hijack this log if u need me to in the Hijack this log forum.that would b great. thanks alot already

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can run this on the laptop and then the other one

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click optimize and improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

bloodsworld

bloodsworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
and what will this do? speed up my computer? and will it erase any of my files?

bloodsworld

bloodsworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
ok the other computer finished and it started up normally and then i logged in but after a min it went back to the blue screen..does this mean that my hard drive is messed up?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Tune up won't delete your files or necessary system files

For the first PC, click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files

bloodsworld

bloodsworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
ok last night i ran the chkdsk scan and it finished then i tried loggin in and it went back to the blue screen like i told u but then i woke up and turned it on and tried to run it in safemode but it wouldnt start so i just tried to start it up normally and it did the chkdsk scan again so i let it and now its done, do i log in now or what do i do now?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is check disk the only thing you have been able to run

See if it logs in

bloodsworld

bloodsworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
ya i cant even boot up in safe mode anymore, and i tried loggin in but if went back to the blue screen, i tapped f8 and tried loggin in under last know good configuration and it loaded up and then went to the blue screen again...err gettin irratated :tazz: