Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playing dvd on my computer

• Please log in to reply

BWF

BWF

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

I am trying to play a DVD on my computer on a Pioneer 110d. I am using Windows media player although I have tried others like NERO and RealPlayer and the same problem exists.
The DVD plays fine when and I can hear the sound well as it shows the previews for other movies and such. The moment I hit PLAY the video comes on but no sound. I have no problems with sound on any other application just DVD's. I had another dvd player ( samsung) and it had the same problem. I bought the pioneer hoping to solve the problem but alas it remains. I have a SB live sound card and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks

BWF

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G BWF. Apologies for the delay in replying to your topic.

Can you tell me, have you tried playing normal audio CDs in the DVD player? Do they play OK?

BWF

BWF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have played normal cd's and mp3 medium and they work fine. I bought a new soundblaster sound card and it didnt fix the problem.

Thanks

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
From what I've read, this problem is caused by having Nero installed. Apparently Nero can muck up the codecs. Try downloading & installing the codec pack in this link :

http://www.free-code...ck_download.htm

(NB you may want to create a restore point prior to installing them, just in case!)

BWF

BWF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Samm

The codecs pack download solved the problem. Thanks ever so much.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome. :tazz: