Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Invalid Command Entry

• Please log in to reply

jmg514

jmg514

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I ran my norton one button ck up and it said I had one problem w/ my windows integrity. The problem is as follows; The Key "At Work Rendering\Shell\Print to\Command."refers to an invalid command entry\"C\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Date\accore\cache\bart\0. It said the severity was medium. Let me just say that Chris is my son, that's where the Chris comes from. I keep up w/ my computer's maintenance regularly. I have spyware installed as well. I clean out everyone's browser cache regularly and even make sure I put a ck mark in the delete offline cache as well. I also do express cleanup just about every other day. This computer is less than one mo. old and I have been trying to look up how to fix this problem on this site as well as Tom Coyote's site, but have not found a solution so that is why I am posting here. Oh and last night I cked for a file named bart and there is one, but I don't know what it is? Help w/ this problem would be greatly appreciated. :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
from everything that i can find...that is basically meaning that an active x control was installed on the sytem...then the file that installed it was deleted...but not the registry entry....i'm pretty sure that letting the one check fix that error shouldn't cause an issue....of course...i can't find any info on anything contained in t he "bart" folder...so i can't make any promises on what's in there

jmg514

jmg514

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just right clicked and had one button ignore the problem bc it's says fixed after I run it and then it's bk again. I would love to just get rid of the bart file but I don't know what plug in it's affiliated with. I also tried looking up what a bart file is and what it goes to but couldn't find anything. Thank
s for trying. JMG

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
navigate to
C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Date\accore

right click, properties, see when it was created...try to cross reference it with install dates from control panel > Add/remove.

Barring that

try cross referencing with things in this folder
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files