Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.eml Attachments on Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

Vera McCloud

Vera McCloud

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When someone sends me an attachment and it is in .eml form I cannot open it... What do I need to do? It says Dell Image Expert -- Cannot open file Fw_(name).eml When other attachments come in I have no trouble in opening them in other forms e.g. Adobe. Thanks for your help

Advertisements

Elaine

Elaine

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
EML ( Electronic Mail) files are used by Outlook Express and other Email clients. so would be opened by your email client.

EML files with "funny" names in multiple folders implies the Nimda worm. OE removes access to attachments using this file extension. However, using forward on the tool bar in OE the attachment shows as an envelope that if clicked opens the attachment (use caution if you do this, it could be a worm). This file type can become infected and should be carefully scanned if someone sends you a file with this extension.

Elaine

Edited by Elaine, 27 January 2006 - 12:28 PM.