Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is an .SWA File?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Horse247

Horse247

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello all!

I dl a prog and got a bunch of .swa files...how do I open them....I have the install cd dl and working but cannot apply the rest of the files which are all .swa ...I used Daemon tools for the install files but it doesn't do anything when applied to the .swa files...any help would be much appreciated..

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
www.filext.com

there you can find info for any extension...

Horse247

Horse247

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thank you so much...I'll have a look...

Horse247

Horse247

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I checked out the site...but to no avail....any other advice?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean to no availe? i searched .swa on the site...and found out exactly what it is

Horse247

Horse247

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
lol...well yes I found it..but I wasn't able to figure out how to use it...I do apprciate your help...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...it's a shockwave audio file (could be the other type but not likely)...so they are probably just the sound effects for whatever program you're talking about....speaking of which..what program are you talking about and where/how did you get it? probably be able to help better if i can find the stuff you're talking about

Horse247

Horse247

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
it's a torrent I found on Torrentreactor....the prog is Rosetta Stone French Lessons...there are tons of files and all seem to be .swa...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to P2P file sharing programs. While many of these programs are-in-and of themselve legal, most things aquired by their use are not. Instead of attempting to differentiate between the legal use of P2P programs and the illegal use thereof, we have decided to stop helping with issues regarding this software. It is also in your best interest to know that many P2P software packages come bundled with spyware/malware/virii and that their use greatly increases the chances of your computer becoming infected. I strongly suggest that you uninstall these programs and refrain from using them at all costs.

i know for a fact that there are no versions of rosetta stone for free....you'd have better succes if you bought the program instead of stealing it