Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

javascript problems ?

• Please log in to reply

in with the bricks

in with the bricks

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i could use help on this i have aol bb silver with windows xp and recently i have been having problems accessing certain pages on web sites ican access the site but when i press the prompt finger to open the page nothing happens . when pressed the bottom left of my screen says javascript go to (whatever page i am trying to access) and if i move my cursor done appears but nothing happens . on the same site i can access other pages that do not have the above js message. i am not sure if java is at fault but it seems to be the pages that this message appears in l s o screen. ihave tried aol help who have tried various cures mainly in my internet options section in my control panel to no avail. a friend claims that the java icon should be in my system tray with the steaming cup icon showing but this is not the case and i cannot correct this although aol help advised downloading latest java. please help me as my wife is giving me grief because she cant access her fav shopping sites (maybe not a bad thing )

Advertisements

in with the bricks

in with the bricks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
just read a bit further into this fab site and i think i may have winfixer on my pc could this cause this