Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Signing On

• Please log in to reply

Dee07

Dee07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had changed from ME to XP..someone changed the motherboard to a fairly new one..It takes forever to load anything when given a command a chia pet grows quicker then this pc..it doesn't really recognize double clicking on anything quick enough when it finally signs on..it looks like all little digital boxes as if someone has to draw the color in and when I give a command and something blinks out that box remains white...shutting off well now I can go to aruba and back and it won't shut off..This is frustrating enought..I think at this point i should just take the tower put a poll on the end and a lamp shade and be done with it already..When it signs off blue and white boxes pop up saying end now...and Nortons won't stay enabled..I ran PC rescue ..well they way that made it sound is like Put the lily in its hand throw the dirt on it and just bury it...All these things wrong with it..I bought more memory and well I don't think I did that right either..This is my first time using this site..and I try to learn things everyday..I cleaned out cookies and history and took off anything that would bog it down..Hey I even contacted AOL and their big Idea was to clean the art files...whoooppieee...what rocket scientists..If its not color coded then I would need a dog to help me here...well not really but..I need someone who actually knows what theyare doing in terms I can understand..I really wasn't going to do this but I need help with this pc...because well I really can't afford another one at this time...The repair people keep saying "Well how old is your pc.." I sure hope when I get old that shady pine rest home doesn't throw me in the trash...Can someone please help me here I would greatly appreciate it

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well more information might help. What kind of computer is it? How fast is it? ( MHZ/GHZ) How much ram does it have? How did you change it from ME to Xp? Upgrade or did you wipe it out and install fresh? Have you run virus/adware/spyware scan on it? If not you might want to go to that forum and follow the instructions there. It also sounds like when xp was put on that the drivers were not installed correctly... What video do you have?