Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't start comp up

• Please log in to reply

gambit101

gambit101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is taken from a game forum i posted before.

lol, my comp=eating [bleep] times 1000. Leave it on all day--> go to play wow--> over heats shuts down--->i let it cool(15 mins)-->turn it back on-->some weird error--> goes through about 30000+ files that have errors-->over heats again and shuts down-->going sleep-->starting up-->loads same weird error page-->done in 10 mins-->works now :0.

also. my computer has been slowing down/lagging alot more in games recently. Anyone know how to fix this? my specs: (kinda old, but smeh still works)

-AMD Athlon™ XP 1700+
-1.47GHz
-1.25 GB of ram
-Radeon 9600+ Pro /w Dual Moniters

My comp was fine before i dled service patch 2 for windows (like 3-4weeks ago, ive had comp for almost a year to XD) been to lazy to dl the patch but it seem to have made my comp slower. I look at my performace screen on my G15 keyboard and it says comp running at constant 33% and when i load wow its like 80ish+%. Any ideas to fix it?

second post

OK. my comp isn't working at all now. The comp just restarted on me and when i was loading it gave me a window like

Sorry for this inconveniece but windows had a problem blah blah. pick a start up within 30 seconds blah blah safemode, safemode with comand promp, safe mode with network somthing, or start reg. Its defaulted on starting reg and chooses it in 30 seconds.

My keyboard doesn't turn on now beacuse it never has so i can't change what it does. and after it picks it does the little window loading screen then it restarts and does this again. i let it "cool down" for about 10 mins and same problem. any ideas?

btw. im on the family comp upstairs.

The keyboard i using is a Logitec G15 keyboard, the lights don't turn on untill it gets to the "pick profile" screen.

please help me. Sorry for any swears.

Steve

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I'm sorry, but posts like this leave me confused.

Please, slow down, type in whole sentences and state your problem clearly and in brief.