Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete User Account folder?

• Please log in to reply

Gobe

Gobe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am using Windows XP Home and I recently deleted a User Account but I still have a folder under C:\Documents and Settings for the account that I deleted when I try to delete this folder Windows won’t let me because it has a file NTUSER.DAT This folder takes up 14.3 MB of space. Is there a way to delete a folder from a User Account that up no longer want ?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Maybe safe mode will let you do it.
Failing that, if you really want shot of it hang the hard disk off another computer and delete it that way.

In the grand scale of hard disk sizes these days, 14Mb is hardly anything to get all worked up about.

Gobe

Gobe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks I'll try it in safe mode, your right about it not taking up much space I just don't know why Microsoft would keep files for things your never going to use and not let you delete them