Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Burner Door Opens After Burn

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I have an HP DVD-640i burner. This is one of the older lightscribe burners by HP. The tower I have has a door on the front. When closed, the door hides the bays on the tower. For some reason, my burner opens every time it completes a burn process and I'm trying to stop that from happening. I have a one year old who loves to press the buttons, so having the door closed on my tower is definately a feature I appreciate.

So far, I've looked at the settings for the drive in the control panel. That didn't help me at all. In "My Computer", I right clicked the drive and chose "Properties" from the pop-up menu. Then I selected the "Recording" tab. On this tab, I've turned off the check box that allows Windows to burn to disk. From the same screen, I've also disabled the "Automatically eject the CD after writing" option. That option, however, is disabled by default when I disabled Windows ability to burn.

Do any of you know of something I can do to keep the tray from opening after a burn?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The tray is supposed to open by default after a burn. The option is unavailable when you turn off Windows' built-in CD writing abilities because it becomes irrelevant.

Use something like Nero, there's a preference in there not to eject the disk after a burn.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

Well, I was hoping to get a better answer, but if that's my only option....so be it. Thanks for helping out. I was afraid it would be like this.

Thanks,

Magus

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Nero will burn disks in the same way that Windows does; just tell it to make a multi-session disk (Nero Express 6 has the option on the final screen before you tell it to actually do the burn). Otherwise you can't add anything to it later.