Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express: Font changes from Arial to Times

• Please log in to reply

Zelly

Zelly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm using Outlook Express 6.0 on Windows ME on my home computer. I use Arial as my font for composing. I send email sometimes from my home email to my work email so that I have a copy at work too. When I open up my email at work that I've sent from home, the font is in (ugh...) Times New Roman!

The only thing that I can think of that might be causing this is the Arial font on my home computer is TrueType, whereas the Arial font on my work computer is an Open font. Could this be the reason? If so, seems strange that TrueType Arial would just be replaced with Open Arial.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Advertisements

SilverBird

SilverBird

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Tools >> Options ... >> click on the Read tab and then change the font through the bottom section of the dialog box.

If you've already tried this then your work computer may have TNR forced as the default font, in which case you could try having a chat with the system/network administrator about this.