Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media player error C00D11AB

• Please log in to reply

ksmith5119

ksmith5119

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I keep getting error message of C00D11AB when trying to burn cd using windows Media Player. Their fix of slowing burn speed and changing disks does not fix problem. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi ksmith5119, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums. Sorry for the late reply.

This issue usually occurs because there is either a problem with the CD, or not enough computer resources are available to start or complete the burn operation.

To verify that the disc is not causing the problem, make sure that it's not dirty or damaged. You might also try using a different brand of disc.

To free up computer resources for burning, first make sure that other software programs are not running, and then select a slower burn speed for your CD burner, by doing the following:

1.In Windows Media Player, on the Tools menu, click Options.
2.On the Devices tab, click the CD burner in the Devices list, and then click the Properties button.
3.In the CD burner Properties dialog box, on the Recording tab, select a lower burn speed in the write-speed list.

If none of these solutions resolve the error, try re-installing Windows Media Player again and if you are using Windows Media player 9, update to Windows Media Player 10.

If the problem persists here are some good programs you can use to do the same thing:

Nero
Easy CD-DA Extractor

I am sure that these will resolve your problem, please inform me if you have fixed the problem.

Thank you and goodluck :tazz: