Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ipod Nano

• Please log in to reply

Kamalini

Kamalini

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everybody!

im new here.. but i have a question thats been bothering me for a while.. i hope u guys can help me.

i have been using an ipod nano for almost 5months now. they said something about 16 hours of play back music.. but i seem to notice that i have to charge my ipod after every almost every 4 hours of use.

now a days... the usage hours are decreasing more and more. i seem to be charging it in 3 or 2 hours.

is this normal? i mean for other ipod nano users... how long do u guys use it for, before u guys have to charge it? Can someone please help me on this?

oh and one more thing.. maybe im doing something wrong when it comes to switching it off after im done listening. all i do is hold the play/pause button for 2 to 3 seconds.. until the screen shuts off. then next day when i want to listen.. i press that play/pause button again and the screen opens up to the last song i was listening to. is that the right technique? or is there a different way to switching it off? pls someone help meeeeee

Advertisements

NintyFan

NintyFan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Im, Not an ipod nano user,
but i do know quite a bit on Ipods, first of all acourding to the official Apple Ipod site
It plays for up to 14 hours between battery charges, or maybe if you are using the photo
slideshow with music viewing time when fully charged it should only last 4 hours,
anyway most of these Nanos I've heard to be faulty, so ask for a replacement battery,
or even replace the whole Ipod.

About turning it on and off i have an Ipod Video and that is the same technique i use :)

Usefull site > > > Apple Ipod Official Site...

:tazz: good luck

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Depending on what your useing it for the Battery time will vary, for me I have a 5th gen 30 Gb Video and if I leave the backlight on or play a game or just tinker around with it it seems to drain quickly. I would reccomend setting up some good songs in order so you don't have to toy with it and use more power than needed also sometimes all you need to do is reboot it, its like a comp needs a rest. Good Luck :tazz:

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I also have a 5g 30gb iPod.

I managed to completely fix a massive problem that was rare and a problem that other people had with the ipod 5g, which meant without a fix them shipping the ipod back to apple.

I know quite a bit about them, holding play/pause is the correct technique, although if you have updated your nano successfully with the latest ipod updater the ipod actually turns itself off after a certain idle time (obviously the ipod has to be paused first): ipod updater

If you continue with these problems consider updating your ipod or giving Apple a bell:

0800 039 1010 - UK
1800 92 38 98 - Republic of Ireland
1-800-MY-APPLE - USA

Hope this helps.

~SS

Edited by SuperSam, 01 February 2006 - 08:47 AM.

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
BTW does anyone know of a way to get the Vid's to the IPOD I couldn't figure it out on a friends comp it was saying I had to buy some program but there has to be some software out there that doesn't cost $$ I would think, am I right? :tazz:

NintyFan

NintyFan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey,
I dont know where to get one for free,
But all I do is visit Download.com
and look for the trials and keep on downloading a new one
once the trial has ran out :tazz:
Click Here

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper