Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Access Problems

• Please log in to reply

CameronGTG

CameronGTG

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I just went through the Spyware and Malware removal process last month. Everything seems to be working fine on my computer, but I still have problems accessing two sites in particular. The gentlemen that helped me clear my computer of the crap I didn't need did a great job, but didn't know what to do about the access problem :

Using Internet Explorer I can load www.hotmail.com When I enter my login information end select Sign In the page attempts to load for 75 - 90 seconds, and then says on the bottom left ' Done ' I do NOT get a ' Page Can Not Load ' It just stops ?!? I have a cable connection so I don't think the speed is a problem.

Using Internet Explorer I can load www.myspace.com IE tries to load for more than 9 minutes with no messages displayed ?!? then a portion of the headings display on the screen and in bottom left corner is says : ' ( 3 item remaining ) Downloading picture http://home7.myspace...ages/logo.gif... ?!? This lasts for another 2 minutes then finally says ' Done ' with no further items loaded ?!? THEN !!! GET this, The page some how displays everything on the myspace website, and I have immediate access to all functions... however it takes up to 15 minutes to accomplish this ?

Using Mozilla Firefox I can login to hotmail.com and access the front / introduction page that displays my most recent e-mails I have not read. When I access the inbox I can do this ONCE and it takes about 10 sec, then I can read one e-mail, and going back to the inbox for the 2nd time the site times out and says 'Done' in the bottom left corner - with nothing displayed on the screen.. from this point I can no longer access any thing else on the page.

I contacted MSN to help me out, and they advised me to switch all my settings on the internet options back to their defaults, and to allow all sites *.hotmail.com *.msn.com & *.passport.com I did everything they said, and it still doesn't work.

What should I do at this point ?

Thanks,
Cameron

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
well it seems he left you something to do and you never posted back to let him know one way or the other as you can see

I contacted MSN to help me out, and they advised me to switch all my settings on the internet options back to their defaults, and to allow all sites *.hotmail.com *.msn.com & *.passport.com I did everything they said, and it still doesn't work.

There are certain steps that need to be taken in the course of trouble shooting problems, I would suggest you reply to your original topic found
Here

Post a fresh log for him and let him know your still having issues,,
Starting a new topic is just going to have the staff asking you the same questions Sam has already asked you

Don

CameronGTG

CameronGTG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

well it seems he left you something to do and you never posted back to let him know one way or the other as you can see

Don,

Are you talking about the MSN guy.. the "he left you something to do and you never posted back... " If so he responded saying I might receive more help contacting Microsoft or my computer manufacturer that I can no longer contact.

If you are talking about Sam then I last left a message saying that application-wise everything seems okay however I need more help with accessing Hotmail and Myspace.

Are you suggesting I reply with a similiar reply I posted Dec 25th ? Or go back to MSN or Microsoft Help ?

Thanks,
Cameron

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
on page 2 of this topic http://www.geekstogo...opic=81635&st=0
Sam gave you the same reply that MSN did, If you explain to Sam you had done that and it didn't help he can continue on from there,