Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outdated database version

• Please log in to reply

nordin

nordin

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Everytime I open my computer I got this message:OUTDATED DATABASE VERSION.PLEASE EXIT AND REINSTALL BACKWEB. what I've todo.
My second problem,I am unable to make any automatic update fo my F-secure.my virus definition are 20 days old.
my third problem my computer is swiching off alone if I live it for a while witout working on it also it's taking more and more time to get it started,it can takes half an hour or more sometimes.Can anyone help please and thank you very much.I have an osborne PIII 667 mhz,256 memory,14 giga hard disk.windows xp

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
f secure uses backweb to update...have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling fsecure?

what do you mean by switching off...like...turning all the way off..or just hibernating?

nordin

nordin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thanks,yes I've tried to reinstall f-sercure but the result is just the same.still getting the same message and no way to get the automatic update,the computer switch off and restart from the beging if I live it for while but if I put some music on it remains on otherwise it switch off and start again from the begining.Why my computer it taking more and more times to switch on. and thank you in advance.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Before we proceed with the other issues, could you please visit the malware forum and get a clean billof heath there.. Follow the link in my signature and follow all instructions at the top.

After they clear you of malware (a main cause of the start up issue), then return here and we will tackle the rest

nordin

nordin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi again,I have reinstalled windows xp and it did help a little bit,for example I was able to reinstal F-secure and I am not getting anymore that message "outdated database version",my computer it strart much faster than before but it still slow but the problem which anoy me more it switch completing off and strart wright from the begining as I've already explained.my question to I have to do next and thank you in advance