Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED HELP WITH RESTORE

• Please log in to reply

HELP!!!

HELP!!!

• Pip
  • 8 posts
For some reason my computer messed up on em yesterday. I was trying to log on to myspace.com and it wouldnt let me for some reason. I never had that problem with them before. I went to another system and tried it and it worked, so it has to be coming from my system! I would like to know if there is a way I can restore my system to how it was before it messed up? please help

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

When you tried to log onto Myspace, did an error occur? Or did the website not appear at all? If an error did occur, what was the error?

Also, what anti-virus/anti-spyware programs do you use?

Edited by computerwiz12890, 31 January 2006 - 09:21 AM.

HELP!!!

HELP!!!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
no errors occured it tried to make me sign up again! I thought I clicked sign up a first but tried it again and the smae thing happend! I have spybot serch and destroy, spyware blaster and ad-aware se personal.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
So you tried to log on, but it said you needed to sign up, even though you did already? If so, have you tried logging on from a different computer?

HELP!!!

HELP!!!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes I tried to log from a different system and it works! Im not sure what I changed. But I also noticed that when I was on at the bottom it looked like it kept opening up different web pages but it didnt.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Are you able to log on to Myspace with your computer now too?

Edited by computerwiz12890, 31 January 2006 - 01:35 PM.

HELP!!!

HELP!!!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
No....It is still the same. Its been like this since yesterday. Is there a way I can go back to ow my system was yesterday before this happend?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel, click network and internet then internet options Click apply after each change.

On the general tab, click delete cookies, click delete files, include offline content, click clear history. If you have broadband / cable (fast) click settings and reduce the drive space used to 30MB

Click the security tab and click default

Click privacy and click default

Click programmes and click reset web settings

Click advanced to tick, do not save encrypted pages to disc and also empty the temporary internet files folder when the browser is closed, click apply

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools, to run disc clean up, reboot

HELP!!!

HELP!!!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
so I delete all temp files or just temp internet files?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Temporary Internet Files

Advertisements

HELP!!!

HELP!!!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
did all the above steps.....still didnt work!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 until you get options, choose command prompt only, type scanreg /restore then press enter

Use the arrow keys select a date and check it has started next to it, use the arrow keys to choose restore then press enter

HELP!!!

HELP!!!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
that didnt work either. I would of thought that this website would be out of my favorites but it is still there also! Im puzzled because it said that the registry was successful with no errors, and on top of that I went all the way from friday january 27th.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you post exactly what you do to access the site, and the exact errors it gives you

HELP!!!

HELP!!!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
*I type in Myspace.com

*I type in my member name and my password, then click login

*It comes up with this:

Join Your Friends on MySpace!

MySpace is FREE, and it only takes a second to join!

Already a member? Click Here to Log In

*I click already a member and it brings me back to the same page.

*I even tried to put in the wrong password and it comes up that I put in the wrong password.