Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express Problems?

• Please log in to reply

molo221

molo221

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I just went through a few miserable days trying to resolve a problem where I could receive, but not SEND email in Outlook Express. I was getting this message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '*****@adelphia.net'. Subject 'Testing', Account: 'My Name', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

(The email address is masked in the above message.)

Dell said it was a virus, and I went through the procedure on this forum to check. No problem was found. (All was not lost, however. I learned a lot and my computer will definitely be more secure now!)

The problem was resolved when I just happened to get Kim Komando's "Tip of the Day" today in which she talks about problems caused by the Google Toolbar for IE. I uninstalled it and instantly could send email through Outlook Express. :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Great news, I just stumbled on your post earlier after it had languished for several days

First I'd heard of that messing up outlook. Was that an older googletoolbar?

The old googletoolbar seems to be causing more and more issues lately