Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Roll-overs and cheap domains

• Please log in to reply

dogbiscuit

dogbiscuit

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hi folks,
I have 2 questions. How do I create a roll-over using netscape composer?
I'd like to buy a domain and upload my site, never done it before. Whats the cheapest place to get a dotcom name from and how do I go about uploading it?
Thanks
Dog

Advertisements

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I dont' know much about rollover, but for the domain, you get can one from
https://www.registry...958-42AE-9314-0 for $18 a year. And for the hosting your site, how much are you willing to pay for hosting, maybe we could work something out.

[removed -- too spammy]

Edited by admin, 02 February 2006 - 06:14 PM.

dogbiscuit

dogbiscuit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well cheap possible really. When are you going to be up and running?

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
ok, do me a favor, go the mysite and go to my contact page, put in your information. Tell me what kind of site you have, how much space you'll need, and all other information you think would be helpful and I'll design a price for you, how about that!.

dogbiscuit

dogbiscuit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Thanks very much for your kind offer but I have been swotting up and I think I have found the ideal package for me. I will bear you in mind though and mention you if I know of anyone else looking for hosting. :tazz:

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Cool no problem!

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
gtghosting is pretty inexpensive for hosting and their domain registration is inexpensive too.

gtghosting

edit: forgot to mention this hosting is supplied by this forums owner.

Edited by Dragon, 01 February 2006 - 04:02 PM.

dogbiscuit

dogbiscuit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I was considering GTG hosting. Only thing is I'm in the UK, does this matter at all? Could this slow down viewing of the site?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Where are most of the visitors to your site from? GTG servers are in Texas, it would be slightly faster to have UK servers if most of your traffic is in the UK.

dogbiscuit

dogbiscuit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Yeah most of my traffic would be in the UK. I think what I'm gonna do is buy the domain name from GTG and use it with a local hosting service. I take it it's ok to buy a domain name from GTG for a UK site?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sure, the domain name is cached by your local ISP's DNS servers, so the location of the registrar is unrelated to performance.