Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game controller doesn't function

• Please log in to reply

CandyCaneChild

CandyCaneChild

• Pip
  • 5 posts
About a week ago I posted about my old gravis blackhawk joystick that was not compatible with my system because it was so old. So I went out a bought a new one today. It IS compatible with XP but I cannot get it to respond when a button is pressed. It's a wireless controller and I believe Game-Elements is the company. Its got a playstation 2 setup and I was pretty excited. I let it charge for just over 3 hours until the charge light turned green (as said in instructions) but I still cant get it to to respond in-game. I followed further instructions and went to the game controller menu. It said that the controller status was 'OK' but when I went to properties, none of the functions responded. I installed it twice and restarted my computer. Any ideas?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would start by visiting the website for the controller and checking for new drivers (btw, there is no game controller manufactuer named Game_Elements...it always helps to have that information when asking for help--could it be a Game-Elements controller (the model name) by Gemini (the maker), a subsidiary of Phillips Electronics?)

CandyCaneChild

CandyCaneChild

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
sorry for the late response. I figured out my problem. I almost dont want to admit this but there is a little on/off switch that failed to make it to my feeble mind. Sorry for the trouble.