So I've never networked anything but a LAN game with a firewire(?) ethernet cable, I hope someone can answer my questions.
1. What would be the best, most affordable equipment to buy (newegg only, how's this one, it comes with an adapter).
2. How secure can I make it? (basically, can I prevent the neighbor from downloading movies off of my connection)
4. Is the router itself going to lag down my bandwidth/connection?
3. If I'm playing a game online (SplinterCell for instance) and my wife logs onto the internet to check her email or stream a radio station how badly, if at all, will this slow down my connection in the office?
4. My office PC has a TV tuner (Radeon All-in-Wonder x1800XL), can I access that little sweety with the other computer via the wireless router? Or if i'm playing a DVD on the office computer can we view it on the other computer's monitor?
5. Thank you in advance and I'm sorry for all the dumb questions, but like I said, I'm noob to networking... never had a chance to get into it, and if I missed a sticky thread somewhere, I apologize (can you direct me)....