Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

''xxxx.exe Has Encountered A Problem & Needs To Close.

• Please log in to reply

The G

The G

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi All,

I've noticed on a few of my programs (well about 2 anyway) that when i open them straight away i get

''xxxx.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.''

It happend a few days ago and straight after it said

''DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered an error" - something like that anyway.

Is there anyway to sort this out, in another thread i posted i'am having trouble with burning could this have anything to do with it ?

Link To Other Thread - Burning Problem

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello The G,

What program is encountering that problem?

Is there anyway to sort this out, in another thread i posted i'am having trouble with burning could this have anything to do with it ?

This kind of error will not be related to your burner problem, unless the program that is giving you trouble is the software you use to burn a CD.

The G

The G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Thx for getting back to me,

Its ''WinAVI'' whats giving the trouble, i aint used in a while and was gonna convert a few RMVB's and it just opens then says error and closes. :tazz:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Let's try the simple solution of reinstalling WinAVI. If that doesn't work, try a Windows update.

Let me know how it goes.

The G

The G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I dont believe it , it really is sometimes the most simple thing just re-installed and it works fine again.

Thx for the help mate.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes, the old uninstall reinstall is always a good first step...works for hardware too, by uninstalling from device manager and rebooting

Glad to hear it worked out

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Glad I could help. :tazz:

The G

The G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

works for hardware too, by uninstalling from device manager and rebooting

Ahh right i may try that after i've tried using a optical drive lens cleaning disk to solve my burning issue, nice tip cheers.

Edited by The G, 01 February 2006 - 09:15 AM.