Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick Question

• Please log in to reply

wrdmatt

wrdmatt

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
:tazz: Hey. I am going to help a friend install the BT Voyager 2100 Wireless ADSL Router. She currently has a network set up which is wired. She wants to add a laptop to it wirelessly, and has brought the BT Voyager 2100 Wireless ADSL Router.

Will it be a simple case of just plugging the wires into the new router, and just installing the wireless card onto the laptop? Or will it be more difficult than that?

Many thanks :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Just plug the computer into the new router, configure the router with your provider username and password, set up wireless and security, then just tell your wireless laptop to find your wireless network and feed it your security key to get on.

Shouldn't be difficult as its just essentially a straight swap.

wrdmatt

wrdmatt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
cheers bud.

I have sorted it all out with the wired computers- works fine!

I have tried to setup the wireless on the laptops....it doesn't seem to find the wireless network when I hit the refresh button on the list. Later on, I think I fixed it - but the Internet doesn't work, do you think I need to type in the web address BT gave me, and enter the user/pass on the laptops?

Many thanks,
Matt :tazz: