Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No DVD Decoder?

• Please log in to reply

soupswhs

soupswhs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I don't know if this is the right forum section to post my question, I apologize if it's not. Anyways, my problem is that I can no longer play DVDs on my computer. I know that I can play DVDs on my computer because I used to do it all the time. Except now when I pop in a DVD and the window pops up to choose which software to open it with, I choose Windows Media Player and then I get the message that I can't play the DVD because I don't have a DVD decoder. I don't quite understand what's wrong because I have 3 different DVD player programs installed, I have InterVideo WinDVD, InterActual Player, and PCFriendly DVD and none of them seem to be able to play a DVD without a DVD Decoder. So yeah, any help in this area would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
Hi soupswhs,

Go to the Microsoft website here and download the latest version of DirectX (9.0). I think that should sort it :tazz: