Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

soundcard help with pclinuxos

• Please log in to reply

delica88

delica88

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
hey i dont know if anyone here has used pc linux os but its brilliant. the only problem im suffering is that no sound is coming through my speakers. i am using an asrock k7s41gx and the soundcard i think is an ac97, i guess it is driver problems. i need help trying ot sort this
thanks

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
I'm presuming this is an onboard sound connection.

linux has a problem with the AC97' sound based on the motherboard used. I'm not familiar with pc linux, however it shouldn't be too hard to find the location you need to go. Does that use KDE or Gnome for the desktop manager?

based on that information we can make a better informed decision on where to go next.

delica88

delica88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
it uses KDE

Edited by delica88, 03 February 2006 - 05:27 AM.

delica88

delica88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
cmon guys i need some help. you have done a terrific job in the past helping me but whats the big hold up

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
sorry got pulled away by real life,

open a teminal up and type the following. LSPCI then post the output here

delica88

delica88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
00:00.0 Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 741/741GX/M741 Host (rev 03)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS AGP Port (virtual PCI-to-PCI bridge)
00:02.0 ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS963 [MuTIOL Media IO] (rev 25)
00:02.1 SMBus: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS961/2 SMBus Controller
00:02.5 IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 5513 [IDE]
00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound Controller (rev a0)
00:03.0 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 0f)
00:03.1 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 1.0 Controller (rev 0f)
00:03.2 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] USB 2.0 Controller
00:04.0 Ethernet controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 PCI Fast Ethernet (rev 90)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 661/741/760/761 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter
[root@localhost ~]#

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
ok, I need you to open your sound configurations editor, and see if you are using ALSA or OSS also let me know what its says the sound system is, it will be in the dropdown with the sound selection between ALSA or OSS.